B2B eCommerce Q&A Forum

1. Virginia Newcome
    2. MARINE INSURANCE SERVICES
    3. Tuesday, 23 January 2018
    I see this term INCOTERMS often used with regards to shipments. Can anyone help me with aN EXPLANATION OF WHAT THIS MEANS?

Thanks
    Solomon Wisdom Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
    Votes
    Undo
    HI Virginia,

I can take a quick attempt to answer, but I will use a very good video I found on youtube to help illustrate.

When goods are sold, they have also got to be transported and delivered to the buyer. A standard set of terms ( called International Commercial Terms (or "INCOTERMS";) have been developed by the International Chambers of Commerce to help buyers and sellers agree on who will bear the cost of this transport and to what extent, who will bear the risk in transit, and at which point the title or ownership of the goods pass from the seller to the buyer. Buyers and sellers can use these terms to avoid misunderstanding and disputes when they trade. The following is an excellent video explaining the terms and what they mean and why they are needed.

INCOTERMS BASICS
    1. more than a month ago
    3. # 1
    Votes
    Undo
    INCOTERMS for MARINE INSURANCEINCOTERMS also help to specify who needs to insure the cargo. This video about Marine Insurance is a good explanatoion of this.
    References
    1. https://youtu.be/gV8meyjVJ2I
    1. more than a month ago
    3. # 2
    Votes
    Undo
    INCOTERMS also help to specify who needs to insure the cargo. This video about Marine Insurance is a good explanatoion of this.

USE in MARINE INSURANCEINCOTERMS
    1. more than a month ago
    3. # 3
    • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
    However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

B2B eCommerce Q&A - Welcome

x
    or
    x
    x
    Register
    x

or
    © 2017 BIZ-FAQ. All Rights Reserved. Designed By JoomShaper